Thursday, August 12, 2010

Starting to stockpile

I'm so excited! We are starting a little stash of goodies for our baby! I have the things in boxes in the soon-to-be nursery, but I can hardly wait to put them in the dresser and baskets that will be nursery storage.
Let me slow down and back up.
For about two weeks, I was looking in stores and on websites for the perfect crib bedding. All I could find were puppy dogs and Winnie the Pooh. There were some cool designs, but they were extremely high-priced. So.... I decided to do something I just knew I didn't want to do. I went to JoAnn's and picked out some fabric to make the baby's sheets and crib skirt! Now I can hardly wait to get started! Linda and Arlene are going to help me, and the fact that they have sewing machines will help a lot!

Here's the fabric. I'm going for a vintage modern look that's upbeat and colorful.




Today, while I was in Lubbock getting my hair cut and visiting J'Lae, I went to Sherwin Williams and bought the paint for the nursery. I can't wait to see it on the walls! It's called Bathe Blue and it's their Harmony brand, which is supposed to have no odor or VOC's.
Then, tonight at small group, our friend Becky brought us a box of her son's clothes that he's outgrown! They are the tiniest little onesies, socks, and beanies I've ever seen! Later on I took each one out and held it up, imagining our little baby and how tiny and cute he's going to be. I'm going to cherish every moment, because I know it won't last long. I'm so grateful to everyone for being so thoughtful and helpful! In this picture, the dark blue jumper is from Brenda, and I got a coupon for diapers so I went ahead and ordered some. (Jase thought that was kinda unnecessary at 5 months pregnant!)
Look how tiny those little socks and beanie are!


1 comment:

  1. Riss, all this stuff is so cute! Im excited to see what it looks like all done! Its funny because since i have known that you are going to have a boy I have been looking around at baby stuff. I have seen a lot of cute dresses that I probably would have already bought if it were a girl, but I haven't seen any cute boy things that i just knew he couldn't live without. haha but no worries, I am going to keep looking! He will have somethings from his tia in Brasil!!!!! I want you to know that I am still praying for you and thinking of you everyday! I hope you are doing great! I love you with all of my heart!

    <3 Jenny

    ReplyDelete